Saturday, April 26, 2014
1 Cup Vanilla Fat Free Chobani Yogurt
1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
1 Cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 Cups white chocolate chips or 1 C white & 1 C milk chocolate
1 Cup dried cranberries
1/4 Cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix yogurt, and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs. Blend in flour and baking soda. Add white chocolate chips and cranberries. Roll cookies in sugar. Drop by spoon onto cooking sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Sunday, April 20, 2014
2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup Fat Free Vanilla Chobani Yogurt
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 ozs instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 ozs white chocolate chips
3 ozs dried cranberries
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly Spray two baking sheets. Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat the yogurt, white sugar, brown sugar, and instant pudding with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into the yogurt until completely blended, then beat in the vanilla with the last egg. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Drop spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of the cookies become golden brown, 9 to 12 minutes. Cool in the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Friday, April 4, 2014
This is our makeshift tent, so the children can be like the people of King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon this Saturday and Sunday for LDS General Conference. My 2 year old daughter has filled it with pillows and stuffed bunnies to make it more comfortable during Conference.
Mosiah ~ Chapter 2 ~ Verses 5 & 6
5 And it came to pass that when they came up to the temple, they pitched their tents round about, every man according to his family, consisting of his wife, and his sons, and his daughters, and their sons, and their daughters, from the eldest down to the youngest, every family being... separate one from another.
6 And they pitched their tents round about the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple, that thereby they might remain in their tents and hear the words which king Benjamin should speak unto them;
Here’s what you need:
- 14 oz. sweetened coconut
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 14 oz. can Fat Free condensed sweetened milk
- 2 cups Milk chocolate chips
- Candy and molding chocolate
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with non-stick foil
- Mix coconut, vanilla, condensed milk and chocolate chips together in large mixing bowl
- Take a teaspoon size of the mixture and roll it in a ball with your hands
- Place each on the cookie sheet spaced apart (they will spread a bit)
- Bake about 15-20 minutes until golden brown (this really depends on your oven, you don’t want them to burn, so watch them carefully)
- Cool on a wire rack
- When totally cool – melt candy chocolate in a double boiler (follow your chocolates instructions) and dip the bottom and roll the bottom sides in the chocolate. Let cool for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator
So I made this edible cookie dough "my way (low fat, low sodium)". It's ok plain, but not great. So I was thinking, I'll have to make a double layer chocolate cake this weekend, and put the cookie dough in between layers of cake. I think I'll then frost the cake with chocolate frosting, and top it off with chocolate chips all over the cake. Sounds yummy to me! Here's the cookie dough "my way" recipe.INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Fat Free Chobani Yogurt
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons Fat Free milk
- 1 Cup milk chocolate chocolate chips
- With your mixer, cream together yogurt and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and mix.
- Add in flour.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix. Now the dough will look like the cookie dough you’re used to seeing.
- Fold in 1 Cup milk chocolate chocolate chips.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Freeze for up to three months.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
For Saturday and Sunday LDS General Conference this weekend. There is a treat in each bag. One bag for each Apostle, and one for each of the 1st Presidency. When the children hear that speaker they get to open that bag and get the treat out.