Total Pageviews

Monday, September 2, 2013

My Meniere's


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=347454678713674&set=a.347452318713910.1073741828.347410908718051&type=1&theater


My Meniere’s Disease

  1. Fullness in ear
  2. Ringing in ear
  3. Loud sounds like t.v., radio, kids screaming, sometimes even the sound of my indoor voice make ear vibrate & hurt
  4. Pain in and out of ear
  5. Loss of hearing in ear
  6. Dizziness when:  standing & sitting still, someone touches me, someone touches a chair I am in, driving, head movement up-down-side to side, opening or closing cupboards, drinking caffeine, artificial sweeteners, to much sodium (I’m on 1000 mg a day), loading groceries from register to cart or from cart to car, bent over to shave legs in the shower,
  7. Pain in hips, back, neck, jaw
  8. Sore throat
  9. Headaches
  10. Heart attack heartburn
  11. Weakness in arms, neuropathy in arms, & sore muscles in arms
  12. Memory loss or brain fog
  13. All symptoms vary, never have them all at once, but always worse around PMS and Menstrual Cycle time.
  14. Wear wax ear plugs to dull vibrating pain from noises, as needed. 
  15. To many different noises at one time, make my ears hurt and make me frustrated.
  16. When the barometric pressure changes I get headaches, ear pain, ear fullness, & sore throat.
  17. Can barely hold my head up sometimes my neck muscles get so weak.
I also have no gallbladder, and so am on a very low fat/fat free diet.  If I eat to much fat I get massive pain, vomiting, diarrhea.  It takes a sickness to set off Meniere’s, or so I have found in my research.  I believe my gallbladder disease set this off.  I had Meniere’s for 12 years before I figured out what was wrong, however it was about the same with my gallbladder.  Cutting the salt and fat out of my diet seems to have both of my diseases fairly under control.  Don’t get me wrong, I still suffer daily, but usually not extremely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment