Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Love and Logic Day #7


Day 7

When children threaten to move out because you won’t buy or do something for them.

“I’m not doing/buying that or anything today, but I’ll still love you, wherever you live”.

 

When child is misbehaving at the table or making a mess, “Oh, goody, meal’s over”.  They will eat for sure at the next meal. 

1.  Eat nicely and have all you want.

2.  Act out an end the meal immediately.

When children do not eat their meal and are excused, they will complain later.  Do not give in to them.  Make them wait until the next meal.  Express empathy by saying, “Yes, I get really hungry too if I don’t eat enough when I have the chance.  But don’t worry, we’ll be eating again soon.”

Make your word Gold.  Only make statements that can be enforced.  Enforceable statements say what we will allow, what we will do or what we will provide. 

Be sure to practice your techniques often.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment