For the Apple Cider Baked Donuts:
1 cup and 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 cup fresh apple cider
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons Fat Free vanilla chobani yogurt or unsalted butter
For the Maple Glaze:
1-1/4 cups confectioner’s sugar3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon dark corn syrup or Karo
1/2 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 º F (177 º C).
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. In a small separate bowl, whisk the egg. Set both aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the apple cider, sugar and yogurt or butter, stirring continuously until yogurt or butter has just melted. Remove from heat, let cool for 2 minutes, and stir in the apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and whisked egg. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry; stir well with a whisker until combined and almost no lumps are visible.
4. Using a tablespoon or a cookie scooper, spoon/scoop batter into a cooking sprayed donut pan (3/4 full). Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes (standard-size baked donuts) or for 6-7 minutes (mini baked donuts), or until light brown and cooked through. Let cool for 2-3 minutes on a rack. Then, remove baked donuts from pan and place them directly on a rack to cool completely before dipping into glaze.
5. For the Maple Glaze: Whisk everything together in a small bowl until smooth. Set rack of donuts over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dip the top of the baked donuts into the maple glaze, turning to coat well. Let baked donuts rest on rack until glaze sets.