What it is
This Italian Hot Chocolate is for the true conneusier of chocolate. It is thicker than standard american hot chocolate and has intense flavors. Typically half the amount of a regular mug is enough to still keep you craving more.
What you need
- 1/2 C - Callebaut CocoaThis is an incredibly good unsweetened chocolate. It has a sharp and complex flavor. I have found it on various websites on the internet. Amazon.com has many sellers and they have low prices. It is about $25 per pound.
- 1 C - Whole Milk (I would use FAT FREE Milk)
- 1 C - Water
- 1 t - Vanilla Extract
- 1 t - Corn Starch
- 1/3 C - Granulated Cane SugarThis is just regular sugar but it is nice to be clear.
- Whipped CreamI prefer to buy heavy cream and sweeten it myself. I then put it in my cream whipper. It is thick and rich. (I would use FAT FREE Cool Whip)
- Ground Nutmeg
What to do
- Add the cocoa, milk, water, vanilla, corn starch, and sugar to a medium sized pot.
- Heat it up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit while whisking quickly to mix and keep from burning.
- Once it is up to temperature carefully pour evenly into 4 small mugs.
- Top with whip cream and sprinkle nutmeg on top.