- 32 oz chicken both
- 24 oz chicken breasts
- 2 cans or Green Chili enchilada sauce
- 4 oz can of diced green chilies
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of chile powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 cup of frozen corn (defrosted)
- 1 block of Fat Free Cream Cheese (cut up into a few pieces)
- 3/4 cup of instant rice
- salt and pepper to taste (depending on the sodium level of your broth, you may need more salt.)
- table spoon of corn starch (only if needed)
- In your slow cooker, mix together the broth, green enchilada sauce, green chilies, water, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin.
- Add the chicken breasts to the crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours.
- At the 7 hour mark, remove the chicken to another dish. Shred the chicken and put back in your slow cooker. Add the rice, corn and cream cheese to the soup mixture and replace the lid. Cook for another 30 minutes and stir the soup, making sure to get the cream cheese mixed in. You may need to cook just a bit longer to ensure the cream cheese is melted completely.
- At this point, you can judge to consistency of your soup. If you would like it thicker, mix a table spoon of corn starch with about 1/8 cup of water and then mix into the soup, after 10 to 20 minutes the soup should thicken considerably.