- 1-3/4 cupsall-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cupssugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine , softened
- 2/3 cupHERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoonbaking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoonsmilk
- 1 teaspoonvanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1-3/4 cupsREESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter, cocoa, baking soda, eggs, milk and vanilla in large mixing bowl; beat until well blended. Refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 2 hours. Roll chilled batter into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Line tray or cookie sheet with waxed paper. Prepare CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING. Dip half of cookies into prepared coating, covering one-half of each cookie. Place on prepared tray. Sprinkle peanuts over top of cookies, if desired; let stand until chocolate is set.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon peanut butter on flat side of remaining cookies; top with dipped cookies, pressing down gently. Tightly cover; store at room temperature. Makes about 25 sandwich cookies.
CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING: Place 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until chips are melted when stirred.