Total Pageviews

Monday, November 5, 2012

Eating Out

I haven't eaten out much since May when I changed my diet to Low Fat/Fat Free.  I miss it!  Not many restraunts carry a lot of fat free food choices.  I have to think ahead, and go online to see if restraunts have nutrition menu's and what I can choose when I get there.  Still once in a while we eat out, and I try to make the best of it. 

In a brochure from the Doctors Office that I recently picked up there was a little section on "Eating Out".  Here is what is said.  "Eat out the healthy way.  Don't ban dining out, but don't let it become a food free-for-all.  Make smart choices and practice portion control.  Share a meal, make a meal out of an appetizer, or get a to-go container and box up half of your meal before you start eating.  Ask for sauces on the side, and order food baked or grilled, instead of fried.  And start with a salad or broth-based soup to fill you up."

Remember creamy soups are full of FAT, and are not the best for you, even if they are the best tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment