Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes (I used the kind with sweet onion in it)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped yellow, green, or red bell pepper (I used red, which is my favorite pepper)
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 1 10.75-ounce can FAT FREE cream of chicken soup
- 1½ cups FAT FREE milk
- 1 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 chicken breasts
- In a 3½ to 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup.
- Top with pepper jack cheese and serve. Can also be topped with avocado, FAT FREE sour cream, or crushed HOMEMADE BAKED tortilla chips. Note: if the soup is too thick for you, just add a little more milk after it’s all cooked.