Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Applesauce Substitute

I've researched over the past few months, and then put to the test the use of applesauce in place of oil or shortening.  For everything I've tried it in, it works!  Just do a straight across trade.  1 Cup applesauce substituted for 1 Cup oil, etc.  Your cookies and brownies will be soft, puffy, and light.  Your breads and cakes, you won't even notice a difference in texture.  The only difference I've noticed, other than what I mentioned above, is that I don't have that that greasy yuck left on my hands from picking up that cookie or brownie, and I don't have that greasy film on the roof of my mouth after eating foods I've changed out oil for applesauce.  Still all tastes just the same otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment